言论自由? 《俺给nature文的评价:没发出来,帐号也被封了》

qju 发表于 2012/08/04 00:14 一品 人文历史 (www.ywpw.com)

加跟贴 发新贴

xiache 未名Olympics

标 题: 俺给nature文的评价:没发出来,帐号也被封了(好几年的老帐号)。

Fri Aug 3 16:07:28 2012, 美东

Even with the correction, the author could not make his point supported. The author did not mention that Ye has a long history of participation in the 400m individual medley. Here is a quick list of her past results not mentioned by the author:

2010 Asian Games...............................4'33''79

2011 7th China Cities Games................4'33''66

Obviously the author did "cherry picking" his data, a 4’35’’xx one, might be in an attempt to get a more "dramatic" difference for supporting his conclusion. Ye participates another game, 200m individual medley. The author may also want to compare Ye's record on her 200m individual medley:

2010 Chinese Nationals..........................2'10''32

2010 China Water Games.......................2'10''87

2010 Asian Games ................................2'09''37

2011 Chinese Nationals..........................2'10''01

2011 World Aquatics Championships.......2'08''90

Quite contrary, the results seem to be quite consistent. Abrupt increase? Unlikely. Is it possible that the "doping" specifically act in 400m but not 200m? Quite surprising to me and I hope there are experts could examine this possibility.

Why Ye’s 400m got improved this much? I spend a few minutes reading past

reports on Ye's career. What I learned is Ye was previously mostly focusing on her 200m individual medley and she recently put much effort on her 400m. This could be a sound explanation. Had the author spent this few minutes? I guess not.

Finally, I am surprised when reading this description:

“Nature examines whether and how an athlete's performance history and the limits of human physiology could be used to catch dopers.” Obviously this article represents NATURE’s opinion. As it appears in NATURE, I suppose it should be SCIENTIFIC. However, that seems be something missing. I thus would strongly suggest that NATURE consider adding a little SCIENCE gradient into it.

Here is what I got back:

"This account is banned

• This account has been banned from commenting due to posting of

comments classified as inappropriate or other violations of our Terms of

Service."

本主题前一文章

英国《自然》这次太不尊重“自然” --- qju 2012/08/04 00:10 (5633 bytes)

加跟贴 发新贴一品 人文历史索引首页